Hello and Welcome Fellow Brewers, Mead and Cider Makers!!!
Welcome to the Dukes of Ale Homebrew Club, Albuquerque, New Mexico serving the local homebrewing community by sharing ideas on what and how to brew, and by holding competitions. In addition to info on this website, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NM_Brewers/join to be a part of the email list.
The 2018 Enchanted Brewing Competition Page is Up!
The 2018 Enchanted Brewing Challenge is open to all amateur homebrewers and cider and mead makers in the USA. The competition page is located at: http://dukesofale.com/upcoming-competitions/upcoming-competitions/
- March 17 – April 6: Entry Registration
- April 7: Bottle check-in
- April 14-15: Judging weekend #1
- April 21-22: Judging weekend #2
- April 28: Additional day for judging, if needed
- April 29: Awards Ceremony (Broken Trail Distillery)
Register for the competition and sign up for judging/stewarding at: https://reggiebeer.com
- Great amount of homebrew equipment accumulated 1979-2012, to be sold locally. System set up as shown in picture brews two different beers at the same time. 10 gallons finished and 15 gallons finished for a total of 25. Both of the mash tuns and both brew kettles have false bottoms. Includes the electric roller mill. Located in Cedar Crest. Can call Michael (505)440-8666. My idea is to price to sell. Have tons of equipment not shown plus a great deal of brewery memorabilia. Tap handle collection. All valves and connections and tanks stainless steel.
Have you wished you could get that yeast from an amazing Belgian beer, or the limited-release yeast collections, or just want to clean up a favorite and save it for next year? Then the May 3rd meeting is for you! Tim Lambert and I (Kevin Fleming) will host an introduction to all those things, without geeking out too badly. We’ll discuss how to culture yeasts from bottles, create “slants & flats” used to grow cultures from single cells, cleaning/identifying contamination, and growing up small cultures to big populations for 5+ gallon batches. We’ll briefly discuss multi-cultures for sours, etc. So come on down for this seminar, bring your own brews, and we’ll have our sampling/tasting afterwords. See you there!”
Blues & Brews at Sandia Casino May 27th
Thanks all & pass the word to other Dukes if I’ve missed their email info. More info to follow.